I had no idea that people did blog nominations, but it sounds like it could be fun! Jess from www.objessions.com nominated me, but I have to admit that I may not completely follow the rules here. I am supposed to list 11 random facts about myself, answer the questions she gave me, and then come up with another 11 questions for other people I nominate. I’ll do the first two, but since, so far, I am not familiar enough with my bloggers to nominate someone right away, I’m not going to do so. HOWEVER, I will come up with 11 questions for anyone to answer in the comments section, and we’ll pretend I nominated those people! Sound good?
(One other thing—this reminds me of those old emails that used to be forwarded all over the place! Remember the ones with a billion questions that you’d answer and then send back to whoever sent it, and then you’d forward them on for the next person? Until this nomination, I had forgotten those existed!! I used to enjoy them….so we’ll see how much I enjoy this new version!)
11 Random Facts about me:
1. I love singing! Anyone who knows me knows that fact. BUT, I remember listening to music as a young girl, and since my singing voice was a soft one, I couldn’t hear myself if I sang the melody with the song. So, I would sing other notes around the melody that fit it. THUS, I learned to sing harmonies at an early age, by accident, just so I could hear myself sing along.
2. I have my dog cuddled up to me right now (Coda, the Schipperke), and my cat (Buddy Van Bizzle Dizzle) taking a tongue-bath inside a laundry basket to the left of us.
3. I hate it when the floor of the bathroom is wet. I also don’t like when the mirror fogs up, so I always shower with the door open.
4. When I was a child, I was completely obsessed with owning all of the “Littlest Pet Shop” play-sets. Now, I can only remember the name of the first one I ever got. It was a cat whose magnetic head chased a magnetic mouse. The cat’s name was “Miles”.
5. In kindergarten, I was homeschooled, but my mom accidentally taught me through third grade…all while in “kindergarten”.
6. I could eat pizza or Tex-Mex any and every day of the week.
7. I never knew the word “fuck” existed until I was 15-16 years old.
8. I once visited our Capitol Building on a Sunday by train….and accidentally caused several policemen and fire-trucks to arrive that day…twice. There may or may not be long, lost footage of me pounding a gavel where a judge would normally sit on a weekday.
9. I am 30 years old, and still have never been gambling at a casino. I don’t mind.
10. My first horror movie that I ever watched was at a friend’s house. It was “Scream”. I ended up eating an entire bag of peanut butter cups that night during the movie, and so I was miserable the rest of the night. I still enjoy that corny flick.
11. I have incredibly GIGANTIC big toes.
To answer Jess’s questions:
1. What was the last concert you went to? Favorite concert?
My last concert was Buzz Beachball last Friday. My favorite concert was probably Beachball last year, though.
2. What is your favorite place in the United States that you have been to?
So far, probably New York City.
3. What is your all-time favorite book? Movie?
I am such a fickle person, and I have a hard time picking a favorite when there are SO MANY GREAT choices! I do happen to enjoy most books by Dean Koontz. I also adore the Lucky Santangelo series by Jackie Collins. Fave movie? Okay, Jess, you’re asking multiple questions per question…isn’t that like cheating??? I can’t pick a favorite movie. Again too many choices. The most recent movies I bought were “Far and Away” and the second, most recent “Star Trek” (I still have to finish that one, though.)
4. Share a picture…(wait…that’s not a question, Jess…that’s a DEMAND!) lol
5. How much time (on average) do you spend on the internet per day?..
6. What is your favorite genre of food?
7. What has been your favorite birthday? What did you do that made it so special?
Last year, my 29th birthday, was amazing, because to celebrate, my dad took me on a road trip to Chicago. SO FUN!!!!
8. What is your favorite song RIGHT NOW?
HONESTLY, my favorite song at the moment is an original done by @Rizzimyers called “Light in the Dark” It is AMAZING!! If you’re reading this, STOP…and go check it out. :) Yes, that’s her Twitter handle, and yes, she’s also on Youtube.
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I’ve always been more of a night owl, but in the past year, I’ve forced myself to become more of a morning person..slightly. Okay, I’m still grumpy in the mornings, but at least it’s not to the point of “DEATH SCOWL” like it used to be.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
11. What’s your favorite post you’ve ever written?
Ummmm……I love ALL MY POSTS the same!!!! ;)
NOW FOR YOUR QUESTIONS!!!!!
1. If you had a pet dragon, what would you name it?
2. If you had to lose a limb, which one would you choose?
3. How tall are you; how tall do you WANT to be?
4. What is the craziest thing you’ve done/seen……..in the past month?
5. Which is better: Oreos or Chips Ahoy?
6. When is the last time you swung on a swing-set?
7. If a pan-handler has a hilarious sign that literally makes you laugh aloud, would you donate money to that person?
8. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
9. What is your favorite time of day…besides 5;00?
10. If you could have ANY view out your bedroom window, what would it be?
11. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Okay! PHEW! Done. Feel free to play along! OR don’t! I’m hoping to be entertained by your answers, but don’t worry! My hopes aren’t raised super high…….just kinda….HI!